4/18/08

HappyBellies Cereal


Let me tell you about my new favorite cereal. It's called HappyBellies and its made by HappyBaby. My friend, Kristi, turned me onto it a couple of months ago and now it's the only cereal I feed my 10 1/2 month old. For one thing it's both organic and whole grain, two things I think are essential in baby cereal. And, the oatmeal version actually tastes like oatmeal. But, an added bonus (and the real selling point) for me is that it has probiotics in it. Probiotics are "good" bacteria that help aid in digestion, as well as crowd out "bad" bacteria. Apparently this helps promote good health and can help guard against allegies, as well. All in all I think it's worth hunting around to find it. I buy mine at Whole Foods and it's only slightly more expensive than Earth's Best, which is the other organic whole-grain cereal out there.


I scoop out 1/4 cup of cereal and mix with 2 tablespoons of organic unsweetened applesauce and water to desired consistency. I then pop it into the microwave to heat a bit.


One other bit of info...in the lid of the cereal container is a coupon for HappyBaby frozen baby food. The coupon makes the food a steal because it's buy one, get one free! As you know, I make most of what Little E eats, but with a coupon like this I couldn't pass up trying it. It's super yummy!

No comments:

 

from scratch baby | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates